Akmal Irfan Majid, S.T., M.Eng.
Instructor, Mechanical Engineering Mechanical Engineering Study Program
Research interest: Metal fuels, Multiphase and reacting flows, Energy conversion
- S.T., Mechanical Engineering, Univeristas Gadjah Mada-Indonesia, 2014
- M.Eng., Energy Conversion, Univeristas Gadjah Mada-Indonesia, 2015
Academic Experience :
- Universitas Gadjah Mada, Lecturer, Department of Mechanical & Industrial Engineering, 2016 – Present, Full Time
- Centre for Energy Studies Univeristas Gadjah Mada, Researcher, 2014-present, Part Time
Non Academic Experience:
- Current membership in professional organizations Member, Society of Automotive Engineers – Indonesia, 2012
Honors and awards :
- Best Paper Award of Fluid Dynamics and Multiphase Flow Track – 7th International Conference on Thermofluids and 3rd AUN-SEED/NET Regional Conference on Energy Engineering (RCEnE), Yogyakarta, Indonesia (as the 3rd author).
- Best Paper Award of Mechanical Engineering Track – International Forum on Strategic Technology 2015, (IFOST 2015), Denpasar, Bali, Indonesia (as the 1st author)
- Top 1% Graduate Student of Master Program of Mechanical Engineering 2015, Universitas Gadjah Mada (April 2015).
- Graduated with Distriction (Cumlaude), Master Program of Faculty Engineering UGM (April 2015)
- Top 1% Graduate Student of Bachelor Program, Faculty of Engineering, Universitas Gadjah Mada (February 2014)
- Best Graduation – Graduated with Distriction (Cumlaude), Undergraduate Program of Faculty Engineering UGM (February 2014)
- Fachpraaktikant Stipendium, Institute of Fluid Dynamics, Helmholtz Zentrum DresdenRossendorf, Germany (for 4-months internship at HZDR Germany), Agustus-November 2014
- Human Science Summer School, Faculty of Design, Kyushu University Japan, Agustus 2013
- Fast-Track Scholarship, Kementerian Pendidikan Nasional, Master Scholarships 2012-2014
- Scholarship of “Beasiswa Peningkatan Prestasi Akademik (PPA)” year 2010-2013, Ministry of Education Republic Indonesia and Universitas Gadjah Mada, Undergraduate 2013
- Total Undergraduate Scholarship, PT Total EP Indonesie, Undergraduate, 2012
Service activities :
- Vice Chairman, Kontes Mobil Hemat Energi, Universitas Gadjah Mada, 2016
- Vice Chairman, National Symposium on Thermofluids 2016, Universitas Gadjah Mada, 2016-2017
- Engineering Consultants, 2000 – Present
- Contributes actively in various community development schemes, under Universitas Gadjah Mada
Publications and presentations (Most important from past 5 years) :
- “The effects of the surface roughness on the dynamic behavior of the successive micrometric droplets impacting onto inclined hot surfaces”, Deendarlianto, Y. Takata, M. Kohno, S. Hidaka, T. Wakui, A.I. Majid, H.Y. Kuntoro, Indarto, A. Widyaparaga, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, 101:1217-1226, October 2016.
- “Development of an Industrial Scale Microbubble Generator for the Purposes of Aerobic Waste Water Treatment”, A. Majid, Deendarlianto, Wiratni, Indarto, ED Brata, BA Purwono, AE Tontowi, Proceeding of International Conference on Multiphase Flow, Firenze, Italy, May 22 – 27, 2016.
- “Image processing analysis on the air-water slug two-phase flow in a horizontal pipe”, O. Dinaryanto, A.Widyatama, A.I., Majid, Deendarlianto, Indarto, AIP Conference Proceeding 2016, 2016.
- “Cooling performance and evaluation of automotive refrigeration system for a passenger car”, Prajitno, Deendarlianto, A.I. Majid, M.D. Mardhani, W.Wicaksono, S. Kamal, Fauzun, AIP Conference Proceeding 2016, 2016.
- “The Study of Plug Flow Characteristics of Gas-Liquid Two-Phase Flow in A Horizontal Pipe by Using An Image Processing Technique”, A.I. Majid, O. Dinaryanto, Deendarlianto, Indarto, Proceeding of The 12th Annual Seminar of Mechanical Engineering (SNTTM XII), October 23rd-24th, Bandar Lampung, Indonesia.
Professional development activities:
- Attended Management of Technology (MOT) Training by AUN-SEED/Net, 2017 Actives in Thermofluid Conference every year
Main research areas:Air-water slugging phenomena, internal combustion engine, Energy management
- Contributes actively in the studies on national energy policy