UNDERGRADUATE PROGRAM IN MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
Ir. Muslim Mahardika, S.T., M.Eng., Ph.D., IPM, ASEAN Eng.
Head of Mechanical Engineering Undergraduate Study Program
Email : muslim_ mahardika@ ugm.ac.id
Undergraduate Mechanical Engineering education held at the Department of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, Gadjah Mada University is aimed and directed so that later graduates have the following qualifications:
- Mastering scientific basics so that they are able to think, behave and act as scientists,
- Mastering the scientific foundations and knowledge and methodologies of certain areas of expertise so as to find, understand, explain and formulate ways to solve problems that are within the scope of their expertise,
- Able to keep abreast of developments in knowledge and technology in accordance with their field,
- Able to apply their knowledge and technological skills in accordance with their field of expertise in productive activities and services to the community.
Based on the competency criteria that have been decided by the Mechanical Engineering Study Program of UGM, and referring to the related Ministerial Decree, Accreditation Board of Engineering and Technology (ABET), the recommendation of the Academic Consultant Team of the Directorate General of Higher Education and others, the 2021 Curriculum of the Engineering Study Program FT UGM machines are arranged in a period of 8 semesters. There are several courses that can be taken with special conditions as follows:
- Design Project 1, has several prerequisite courses, namely Engineering Drawing, Engineering Concepts and Design Communication, and Machine Elements 1.
- Design Project 2, has corequisite courses, namely Design Project 1.
- Elective Courses for Study Programs, have a minimum prerequisite of 85 credits with a Cumulative GPA 2.0
- Free Choice Courses, have a minimum prerequisite of 85 credits with a Cumulative GPA 2.0
- KKN, has a minimum prerequisite of 90 credits with a Cumulative GPA 2.0
- Kerja Praktik, has prerequisites that have taken or are currently taking all the courses in the Semester 1-5 package. Students can apply for practical work in semester 5.
- Tugas Akhir, has a minimum prerequisite of 115 credits with a Cumulative GPA 2.0