PEO & SO
Program Educational Objectives (PEO)
The Mechanical Engineering Undergraduate Program at Universitas Gadjah Mada prepares its graduates to:
- Apply critical thinking, knowledge and skills to solve problems in engineering practices, as well as professional and multidisciplinary challenges in the society.
- Engage in leadership roles in their professions.
- Progress intellectually through graduate educations or professional development programs.
Student Outcomes (SO)
By the time of graduation, students of the Mechanical Engineering Undergraduate Program will have:
A. Core Competencies
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering.
- An ability to design, construct, operate and maintain mechanical engineering related mechanisms and systems.
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data .
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve mechanical engineering problems .
- An ability to use computers and software to analyze and solve mechanical engineering problems.
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for mechanical engineering practice.
- A technical competence in one specific discipline in the mechanical engineering field .
B. Supporting Competencies
- An understanding of and commitment to professional and ethical responsibility .
- An ability to communicate effectively in Indonesian and in English, both to other engineers and to the general public .
- An understanding of social, cultural, and economic responsibility, along with an awareness and respect of social and cultural values, health, safety, and environment, and sustainable development principles .
- A recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning.
C. Additional Competences
- An ability to work effectively as an individual or within a multi-disciplinary and/or multi-cultural team, either as a member or a leader.
- An understanding of and support for innovative and entrepreneurial activities.
- A knowledge of contemporary issues.