UNDERGRADUATE PROGRAM IN MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
Head of Undergraduate Program in Mechanical Engineering
Dr. Kusmono, S.T., M.T.
E-mail : email@example.com
Mechanical Engineering is one of the broadest technical disciplines dealing with the design and manufacture of mechanical and thermal systems using the principles of physics, mathematics and materials science. The curriculum of Undergraduate Program in Mechanical Engineering at Universitas Gadjah Mada (UGM) has four concentrations (specific application fields), namely : (1) Applied Mechanics, (2) Energy Conversion, (3) Engineering Materials and (4) Manufacturing and students should choose one of them towards the end of the program. The total graduation requirement is 144 credits completed within 8 semesters (4 years).
To be the world class mechanical engineering study program in education and research.
To carry out education, research and community services in the field of mechanical engineering, in order to meet the requirements of the society and the engineering world.
The above mission is elaborated into the following actions:
- To carry out internationally renowned undergraduate (and postgraduate) education in mechanical and industrial engineering.
- To carry out high quality research and community services.
- To retrieve and develop indigenous national values sustainably.
- To foster and develop responsible management of the department.
- To provide services and campus facilities with advanced technologies.
- To establishing symmetrical collaboration networks in the local, national and international levels.